perjantai 12. huhtikuuta 2013

Leaving Dar... for now

 It was the morning of my last day in Dar. I woke up quite late, since I was planning to stay awake till 3.35 A.M. (time of my flight). There were still lots of things to be done, but unfortunately I felt sick. I had diarrhea and I felt dizzy. I had cold sweat all over and wanted to vomit. It was hard to stay up, cause my head was spinning and my stomach was hurting so much.

the good road
I bit my lip, took and aspirin and tagged along while Marina went to buy the Halal-meat and to see Abbas' mom. I wanted to say goodbye to them, but after the drive I just felt more sick and culdn't even think about climbing stairs or seeing people. I was not in a chatty mood sort of speak. After the drive to the city we went to print out leaflets for two cars Abbas was trying to sell, so that we could put them up on a wall at the local supermarket. Here I decided to get out of the car and buy some gifts since the big Shrijees was just upstairs. Mainly I was looking to find something for the housekeeper. I wanted to get her a baby gift bag of some sort, since she was pregnant and do quite soon, but couldn't find anything good enugh there, so ended up just buying jams; Papaya/Ginger, Cherry and Mango. They definetley don't have them in Finland (well they do have mango, but it's really expensive) and I've never heard about jam that tastes like papaya/ginger, so got to give it a try then.

The family that lives under the big tree.


Slip Way peer
We went home to rest for a bit and then I forced myself up again to get some last minute gifts from Slip Way. After Slip Way I took Otso for a short, final walk. It was the best I could do in my condition. It really took all of my energy, since after that I couldn't do a thing. Seriously. Some packing and I was done. While Marina was cooking I layed on the kithcen floor, reading her instructions from the recipe book and trying to fight off the pain in my stomach. I couldn't eat that night. It was my last dinner, but I couldn't even think about eating anything. Even the smell of the food made me sick, so there I was, laying on the sofa, while the others had a nice dinner. I was anxious to taste it, since it was a recipe from the book I got Marina for her birthday ("Miss Masala"). It has information about indian kitchen and a dozen recipes on all currys and such (every indian foor recipe basically). I thought since Marina likes cooking and is now married to an indian family, she has to learn how to make proper indian food and I'd say with her enthusiasm, it won't be hard.
Slip Way booths

After dinner I said goodbyes to Merja who went to bed early. Marina and Abbas wanted to play Monopoly, but I just didn't have the strength to even sit up. So they played and I lay down watching them play, until it was 1 o´clock and time to leave to the airport.

I was scared. I felt so sick and dizzy and hadn't been eating properly, cause I was afraid to eat. I was terrified of dragging those heavy bags around and the thought of sitting in the plane for many hours didn't really sound like a good idea. Somehow I managed it. Even though I had the worst seat ever (the middle seat, stuck between two men). When I got out of the plane at Istanbul the next morning, I rushed straight to get the essentials (clinique products and some Amarula to bring home) and as soon as my gate was announced I rushed to the gate, put an alarm on my cellphone and fell asleep.

It was a good one-hour nap (which was intruded a few times) that got me enough strenght to get through the second flight. I felt sad while I looked out from the windows of the plane while landing. There was still snow and it was grey, with no sign of a sun anywhere. I did feel better after I saw my dad, who came to pick me up. He had washed the car so I could use a clean car when I came back How thoughtful and nice of him. Dad is the best!

So, anyways, made it home alive. Here I am. Stuck in boring Finland again. But for how long? Who knows. Hopefully not that long. I guess It's time to say goodbye to Dar... for now.

Goodbye Dar


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti