sunnuntai 7. huhtikuuta 2013

Slip Way shopping and drinks at the peer


On Thursday I got up super early. I rearranged the fridge, washed some dishes, cleaned a bit, boiled bones for Otso, did some laundry and went out to buy some breakfast supplies. Since after all this Abbas and Marina were still in bed I decided to make them pancakes for breakfast.  After breakfast I headed to Sea Cliff to withdraw some money and check out if they had time to do my hair at the hairdresser and after 15 minutes of waiting I was already getting my hair washed and cut. From there I took a bajaji to Slip Way for some serious shopping. Bought a little something for a few friends and my dad (his birthday is just around the corner, so bought him something special). Also managed to finally buy stamps and a few postcards so maybe I’ll even remember to mail them before it’s time to say goodbye to Dar again.

After my usual afternoon routine (walk with Otso and then swim & shower, today without the swimming though) my legs were killing me after all that standing and walking and shopping and omg don’t even get me started on the bargaining. Like seriously, why do you have to go through so much of this and that before, eventually they usually will go with your price. Why not just come out and say it? I mean, I respect the effort and of course they want to make some money, but still. All the sellers at this small marketplace sell somewhat the same stuff so they should all know by now that I will go from table to table until one of them gives me the goods for a reasonable price. And you know, that guy will end up making a sale, unlike the others. And don’t get me wrong here, I don’t enjoy fighting over one euro or such, which is little money for me, but a lot for them, but when you add up these little things you end up saving a lot of money. And some of these people just think you’re stupid (tourists are easy to fool with), so if I know I can get something for half the price, it just makes me mad sometimes how they try to fool with you.

The next day Marina stayed home with me. We had last nights left over’s for lunch and afterwards took Otso out together so that I could buy us some fish while Marina waited outside with Otso. When we got home the tailor called that the dress I ordered for my mom was ready so I took Otso with me and we took a walk there as well. The dress was beautiful, but when I got home I tried it on and… I’m not quite sure if it will fit my mom, cause it fit me quite perfectly. I don’t know what went wrong. I told them (as they were measuring me) to add at least 5 centimeters more everywhere, so that it will be perfect for my mom. They didn't.

In the evening I met Sebastian real quick since he had something for me that my mom sent from Finland. Afterwards I had drinks with Craig at the Waterfront, which is (tadaa) at the waterfront. It’s a perfect place for drinks with a beautiful view. We also had drinks and took a walk at the Double tree hotel peer, which is (tadaa) really beautiful as well. It’s a great place for weddings, but too  fancy if you ask me. I’d rather get married on a beach.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti