tiistai 9. huhtikuuta 2013

Mlimani City mall shopping and Marinas B-day


After an amazing brunch on Sunday I went swimming  before we hit the Mlimani City mall. It’s a bit far from Masaki so this was my last chance to buy all things needed. I bought gifts for Joni and Lena (my friend and sister) and a birthday present for Marina (well actually two presents, I got a bit excited again). I had been waiting to hit Shoprite to buy a certain chocolate that I just love, but they didn’t have it anymore. What a disappointment. It seems that now you can only get it from South Africa. Better start planning a trip there... Anyways. Had a wonderful day shopping and hanging out with these two lovebirds.
When we got home it was already quite late and I was suppose to have dinner with David so we rushed to the supermarket to get all the supplies I needed for Marinas birthday cake and let the baking begin. Marina was making dinner and I was getting really frustrated trying to bake the cake without all the ingredients I’m used to. The sugar here is very different. They didn’t have vanilla cream in the store. A bunch of other ingredients were missing as well. So I tried to think about something to use instead. When I left the house in a hurry I felt bummed. The cake turned out too moist. I was just hoping that the gelatine I ended up using would work wonders during the night.


In the morning I woke up at 5 to finish the cake. I decided to go on with it anyway, since I guess it still tastes the same, whatever the consistency.  We went to Marinas room with her mom with cake, coffee and my presents singing happy birthday. That’s what we always do with my family so I wanted Marina to have the same kind of wake up.

The cake turned out okay (at least that what people say, maybe just trying to be polite). Marina left early for Arabic class and I spent the day packing and went to Slip Way to get a t-shirt I forgot there earlier.

In the evening we went to Zuane for a celebration dinner, where Marina got three more gifts from her mom and to top it off, her mother had arranged for the waiters to sing to Marina, while she finally got to blow a candle on top of a mudcake. Marina hates these kinds of things tough. She feels embarrassed when people gather around her. But the mudcake was so fantastic I don’t think Marina was bothered by the singing at all.


After dinner Monopoly, Coco wanted to play as well

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti